All routines (and diets) work, you just have to stick to it. No discipline. No results.
Rehearse your routine the evening prior. Set a reminder for yourself to begin. Be consistent with your time of awakening.
- Wake up, immediately brush your teeth.
- Take 10 slow, deep breaths. Inhale as much as you can. Hold for 3 seconds, and exhale all air out.
- Drink 20 ounces of water. I prefer slightly chilled, but room temp is fine.
- Eat a very small piece of fruit (if needed).
- Set timer for 7 minutes. Perform a stretching routine. Where are you weak? What positions do you ignore because of limitations? Work through these. Breathe through intense positions to calm yourself down and relax.
- Set timer for 7 minutes. Move and think. Light calisthenic work: squat, lunge, plank, hang, and/or pull. Think positive thoughts and be grateful for the opportunity of today. Mindfulness. Align yourself with the present.
- Move forward with your morning.
- Each week add a minute to your stretching and movement timers until you reach 11 minutes. Maintainable and Sustainable.
Breaking it down is essential. Create flow by being patient and in the moment. Eliminate external stimuli as best as you can for clarity and presence.
Happy Body. Happy Life.